Subscribe to Dr. Macro's XML Rants

NOTE TO TOOL OWNERS: In this blog I will occasionally make statements about products that you will take exception to. My intent is to always be factual and accurate. If I have made a statement that you consider to be incorrect or innaccurate, please bring it to my attention and, once I have verified my error, I will post the appropriate correction.

And before you get too exercised, please read the post, date 9 Feb 2006, titled "All Tools Suck".

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

FASB ASC U.S. GAAP DITA Application Is Live

[How many initialisms can I get in one post title?]

For the last year or so I've been working as part of a larger team at the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), helping with the implementation of a DITA-based system to support authoring and delivery of the newly-codified U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), the Accounting Stanards Codification (ASC).

I contributed design of the DITA topic and map specializations used for the codified content and also implemented automated data conversion from an earlier XML format used in the initial codification editorial process.

The live Web site is here: http://asc.fasb.org/home

I've posted some details about the project on the Really Strategies blog: http://blog.reallysi.com/2008/01/live-dita-appli.html

Update: I should have mentioned (but wasn't 100% sure of the details) that the CMS system was built on the empolis e:CLS product and the Web delivery platform uses the empolis e:IAS search platform. The empolis Web site is www.empolis.com. I was not personally involved with that aspect of the system and was not involved with FASB's technology selection process (I was brought onto the project after they had selected their core techology). The system integration and development work was done by Ovitas, empolis' chief North American integrator.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home